Egusi-Peppersoup or Egusi without oil, as some like to call it, comes from the Delta State in Nigeria and is quite common among Urhobos.
This delicacy is a combination of the regular Egusi and Peppersoup ingredients, creating one of the best soup experiences you can have.
The production process is simple, and the ingredients are available at a local market near you.
If you’re looking for a new recipe, try the spicy egusI soup chili this weekend.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE EGUSI PEPPER SOUP
– Egusi (melon seed)
– beef (optional chicken / goat meat)
– dried fish
– spice with pepper soup
– spice cubes
– Earthen crab
-Uziza / fragrant leaves
– Dried shrimp
PREPARATION OF EGUSI PEPPER SOUP
1. Mix Egusi seeds with some water to form a slightly thick but loose paste.
2. Place pan over medium-high heat, add broth, dried prawns and goat meat, continue with all seasonings except Peppersoup, cover pan and cook for about 7 minutes.
3. Pour the mixed Egusi into the pan, then add the Peppersoup spices, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until the soup has thickened slightly.
4. Sprinkle a handful of Uziza leaves or aromatic leaves; cook for 2 minutes for Uziza to release its taste and voila! Your soup is ready!
5. Enjoy your favorite swallow, or enjoy it as it is.