Have you heard of Chakalaka? Here’s how to prepare South African delicacy
One of the main ways to define culture is with food recipes. Africans are known for having delicious food recipes, and we wouldn’t mind exploring them. One of the recipes we will see in today’s publication comes from South Africa and is called Chakalaka. It is one of the main foods in South Africa and is known for its delicious taste.
This post contains Chakalaka recipe. You might want to try something new this weekend by making this spicy and delicious food in the kitchen. Below are the ingredients and steps you need to create your own.
Ingredients for Chakalaka
- Four Carrots, peeled, cola and grated
- One green pepper
- One red pepper
- One sweet onion (garlic)
- One teaspoon of ground ginger
- One teaspoon minced garlic
- One teaspoon of tomato puree
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup baked beans
- 1/4 teaspoon Cameroon peppers
- Two tablespoons curry powder
- One teaspoon salt
- Three tablespoons vegetable oil
How To Prepare Chakalaka
- Cut the peppers, onions, and tomatoes into cubes, peel the carrots, and grate/cut the garlic and ginger.
- In a pan, heat the vegetable oil, add the onion and sauce, add the garlic and ginger, stir for 2 minutes
- Add curry, green and red peppers and fry for two more minutes.
- Add the carrots and fry for another minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, salt, Cameroon pepper, and stir.
- Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add roasted beans and stir.
- Leave it in the kitchen for a minute or two before turning it off.