Onunu is a classic meal between Ijaw and Calabar in southern Nigeria. This delicious meal is mostly served at traditional Ijaw or Calabar weddings.
This week you can decide to try something new with the delicious Onunu. We will teach you how to prepare this meal in class.
- 1 middle yam
- ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons of palm oil
- salt to taste
- Peel yam, cut it into small pieces, and bring to a boil.
- Peel a banana, cut it into pieces and add to the yam.
- Add salt when yam and banana are almost cooked.
- When you’re done, you start heating
- Add some palm oil and stir.
- Wrap in small pieces and dish with goat meat and pepper soup.
Watch the video for more details.