Sumbala or Soumbala is a food made from Burkina Faso made from the seeds of Parkia biglobosa.
Sumbala can lower blood pressure. It is a good source of calcium, potassium, phosphorus, and small amounts of vitamin C.
- 10 oz of rice
- 5 oz sumbala powder
- 10 oz of beef,
- 2 tablespoons ground dried fish
- 1 tablespoon ground dried shrimp
- 8 okra
- 4 eggplants
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- Pepper and Salt
- 1 hot pepper
- Fry the meat in oil until golden brown.
- In the meantime, remove okras and eggplants’ extremities and slightly split the eggplants halfway.
- When the meat is browned, add the onion, tomato, eggplant, okra, hot pepper, and 2 cups of water.
- When the sauce boils after 15 minutes, remove the onion and tomato to crush.
- Add it to the sauce.
- Add salt, pepper, and 2/3 of the sumbala.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in water.
- Mix the rest of the sumbala with the grounded fish and shrimp.
- When the water is almost used up, dig a hole in the middle.
- Put the sumbala mixture in the middle and close with rice.
- When the rice is done, mix it so that the sumbala mixes with the rice.
- After 25 minutes, the sauce will become heavy and ready.
- Serve and taste!