Slaai is a traditional avocado salad with unique flavors of coconut, ginger and peanuts from Eswatini (Swaziland).
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoons of salt
- 2 large avocados (ripe), diced ½ inch / 1 cm
- ½ cups of peanuts, mashed
- Radishes, thinly sliced (optional)
- Combine lemon juice, ginger, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the avocado and stir gently.
- Leave to marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with ground peanuts, thinly sliced radishes (optional), and serve.
Watch this video below to comprehend