An unusual combination of simple ingredients makes a spicy and delicious soup ready in less than 45 minutes!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- ½ cups of cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- In a stockpot, heat the oil over medium heat. Saute the onion, sweet potatoes, and garlic until the onion is soft. Reduce heat if necessary, to avoid burns.
- Stir in the chicken broth, thyme, and cumin. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the salsa, garbanzo beans, and zucchini. Simmer until softened, about 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and peanut butter until the peanut butter has dissolved.
- Serve hot with pita chips and a green salad.