A traditional recipe for this eggplant dip. It consists of baked eggplant with garlic, lemon juice, and tahini sauce. Dip into this pita bread and you will have a delicious and light appetizer.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 ½ tablespoons tahini sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ lemon, in juice
- ½ teaspoons of red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch of salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- 1 pinch of dried parsley flakes for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Adjust the oven rack so that you have one lower and one high in the oven.
- Cut a shallow slit along the side of the eggplant and place it on a baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven on the lower rack until the eggplant is completely shrunken and soft, about 40 minutes. Move the plate to the top rack and continue to bake until the skin is charred, about 5 minutes more. Allow the eggplant to cool until cool enough to handle.
- Peel and discard the eggplant skin. Put the eggplant in a bowl; add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Stir until the ingredients are evenly mixed. Drain the olive oil on the baba ghanoush and garnish with parsley.