Follow this recipe to make these spicy and delicious Ugandan curry potatoes serve as a dish for your next meal.
- 2 pounds of washed red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes and cook in salted water until almost but not quite tender (boil water, add potatoes, cook 4 minutes, drain, rinse with cold water)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1½ cups of water
- ½ teaspoons ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add turmeric, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and coriander and mix well.
- Add the tomato paste and lemon juice and stir again to combine everything.
- Add the potatoes and about 1/4 teaspoons of salt and stir again; Add 11/2 cups of water.
- Cook uncovered for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are completely soft and the juice in the pan is thick and covers the potatoes.
- Towards the end of cooking, add the parsley and mix well. Serve hot.
Tags:best potatoes for currycurried potatoes and onionscurry potatocurry potatoescurry potatoes and carrotscurry potatoes and cauliflowercurry potatoes and channacurry potatoes and chickencurry potatoes and chickpeascurry potatoes and peascurry potatoes and spinachcurry potatoes instant potcurry potatoes trini styledry potato curryjamaican curry potatoesnew potato curry recipespotato chickpea currypotato curry for poorpotato curry with coconut milkpotato curry without coconut milkspicy potato curry for chapathithai potato currywhite potato curryyellow potato curry