Corn pudding, also known as corn Moi-Moi, is food that originates from eastern Nigeria.
Corn Moi-Moi is also healthy and quite filling food due to its high fiber content. If you are looking for a new healthy recipe to try, this is the perfect option.
- 5 pieces of fresh corn
- 1 smoked mackerel fish
- 2 cooking spoon of palm oil
- A handful of chopped spinach or ugwu or Scent leaves (efirin, nchuawun) (optional)
- 2-3 Stock cubes/Seasoning cubes
- pepper mixture (ground)
- Crayfish powder
- Dried prawns
- Water (as needed to form a smooth paste)
- Salt to taste
- Banana or Moi-Moi leaves for steaming
- Peel off the husk(the green coat of the corn) and remove all the hair-like strands. Then slice down the corn to strip off the seeds from the cob with a sharp knife.
- Now put the corn seeds, pepper, onions, and crayfish into a blender and blend together. Add a little water to move the blender blades.
- Transfer the blended contents to a large bowl, add water for a lighter consistency but not too watery, then add palm oil, vegetables, prawns, seasoning cubes, and salt to taste. Stir well until the palm oil is well combined.
- Wrap the mixture with banana or moi-moi leaves and place in a steamer or pot of boiling water for 45 minutes to 1 hour until it solidifies.
- Use this short and easy video.