Burna Boy is presently one of the hottest attests in the Nigerian music industry. Though been into the limelight for a long time now, he had the great year 2018 and 2019 with a good number of hits, and we think he is a Fela Kuti come back.
BURNA BOY BIOGRAPHY
It only took Burna Boy a couple of years to realize what most of his contemporaries couldn’t achieve in numerous years. He stormed the music industry in 2010 and eventually worked his thanks to the highest after two years, carving a distinct segment for himself together of Nigeria’s fast-rising star to observe out.
The singer might not be as famous as Fela Kuti or King Sunny Ade, but he sure has virtually everything it takes to become great like these men of excellence. Burna Boy has the voice, talent, skills, charisma, and a conquering spirit that has led them through many hurdles within the industry.
I guess you want to understand more about this fast-rising superstar and his music career. You’ll find all the facts you would like to understand about Burna Boy during this article. Read on!
BURNA BOY’S B.I.O.
Burna Boy, born Damini Ogulu, arrived on the planet on July 2, 1991, in Ahoada, Port Harcourt. He was taken to his Nigerian parent, Mr. and Mrs. Ogulu, who raised him in Ahoada and later moved to Lagos State, where the performer completed his primary education. Consistent with records, Burna Boy attended Montessori International School, from where he moved to Corona, Agbara, Lagos, for his lyceum education. However, it’s not known to the general public if he had a university education or not.
Burna Boy is yet to reveal elaborate information about his family background, the names of his siblings, and other essential details that are of interest to his fans and, therefore, the world at large.
MUSIC CAREER & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
In his little time on the microphone, the singer has managed to tug successful African singers like AKA, Leriq, and Sarkodie to the studio to figure with him. This feat alone earned him praises within and beyond the entertainment community.
As mentioned earlier, the Afrofusion songwriter launched his career in 2010. He dropped his first record titled: “Shobeedo (Freestyle)” in 2011, which was followed shortly by ‘Burn Notice” and “Burn Identity.” the subsequent year, precisely on May 31, 2012. The singer released another single titled: “Like To Party” and subsequently its video on September 5, 2012, to the thrill of the many music lovers.
“Like to Party” music video, which ran for 4 minutes and 9 seconds and shot by Squareball Media services, to date, is taken into account as Burna Boy’s breakout song/video because it played pivotal roles in thrusting him into immense popularity across Nigeria and beyond.
The Afropop vocalist also boasts another single hit titled “Tonight,” which was released on September 24, 2012, and later protected with its music video. The music video for “Tonight” was released on December 13, 2012, and featured the singer’s innate feelings and heartfelt emotions.
Burna Boy’s debut studio album is titled: L.I.F.E. – Leaving an impression for Eternity. It had been released on August 12, 2013, by Aristokrat Records. His other musical credits include “Redemption (E.P.)” (2016), “On a Spaceship” (2015), and “Outside” (2018).
Burna Boy has an alleged baby mama called Uju Stella Johnson, who invited him to call in May 2016 on Instagram for abandoning her and their baby after she became pregnant for him. Stella also accused him of raping a woman within the U.K. and leaving his trial process. In response to the claim, the songster admitted to sleeping together with her once but dismissed claims that he got her pregnant for him. Currently, Burna Boy is married, yet neither does he have children of his own.
OTHER FACTS ABOUT BURNA BOY
1. The singer ended the year 2013 with one nomination and two awards. He won the most straightforward Pop award for his song “Like to Party” at the South-South Music Awards Best Pop and, therefore, the Best New Act of the Year at the Nigerian Entertainment Award for himself. He was nominated for Next Rated at the 2013 Headies but didn’t win the award.
2. Burna Boy’s 2014 was an incredible one because it fetched him four enviable nominations and one award. The singer won the simplest New Act for himself at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards. At the same time, his single Don Gorgon was nominated for the most straightforward R&B Single also because of the Best R&B/Pop Album. Similarly, his album, L.I.F.E. – Leaving an impression for Eternity, was nominated for the Album Of The Year and Hip Hop World Revelation of the Year at the 2014 Headies.
3. The dancer/performer/singer’s L.I.F.E. album eventually won the most straightforward Album of the Year at the Nigerian Entertainment Awards held in 2015 while Burna Boy was nominated the most straightforward Pop Artist of the Year at the time event.
4. The Reggae dancehall performer has also appeared in about two movies titled: reminder and P.A.I.D. the previous was released in 2015 and was directed by Susan while the latter was released in 2017 and was directed by Clarence Peters.
5. The Afrofusion artiste released his fourth album titled “AFRICAN GIANT” comprising of singles like “ANYBODY”, “GUM BODY”, “PULL UP”, “DANGOTE” and amongst are songs featuring Grammy Winner Angelique Kidjo on “DIFFERENT” with Damian Marley. Other big artiste featured are Future, YG, M.anifest, Jeremih and Serani amongst others.
Burna Boy on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Burna Boy On Twitter
View this post on Instagram