Pawpaw fruit is known for many health benefits, some of which include improved digestive problems and also good eyesight.
However, few people know that you can make soup from it.
- 3 medium dry fish
- 1 cup of grounded egusi
- 1 cup of dried pawpaw flakes
- 2 tablespoons of palm oil
- 5 medium chili peppers
- 4 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of locust beans
- Wash the beef, place in a pot, and add 1 seasoning cube, onion slices, and salt to taste.
- Add water and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Soak the dried pawpaw flakes in a bowl of cold water and let rise.
- Soak the dried fish in a bowl of warm water, then after about 3 minutes rinse and remove the bones
- In another bowl, make a thick paste with the egusi and let it rise.
- Once the beef is cooked, remove it from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In another pot, mix some water, beef, beef stock, palm oil, freshly ground chili pepper, Knorr seasoning, salt, and locust beans. Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes, then add the egusi paste to the pan and cover again without stirring
- Add the dried fish after another 10 minutes, then stir gently after 5 minutes
- Finally add the pawpaw flakes, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes