Fonio porridge is a traditional West African pudding made from fonio cereals, nutritious and gluten-free.
Fonio has exceptional nutritional qualities. It is a cereal that does not contain gluten, has a low glycemic index, contains a lot of fiber, and is very digestible.
- 1 cup of dry fonio
- 4 cups of water
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 cup of milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of liquid honey
- Wash the fonio by placing it in a large bowl and covering it with water.
- Stir with your fingers, then drain it.
- Repeat this process until the water is clear. Drain well.
- Place the fonio in a large saucepan with 4 cups (1 liter) of water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, constantly stirring until the fonio absorbs all the liquid.
- Add the milk and continue to simmer, occasionally stirring, for another 20 to 25 minutes, until you get a thick and creamy porridge.
- Remove from heat, add sugar, and stir well.
- Garnish with raisins, peanuts and a drizzle of honey, then serve immediately.