Alloco is a popular Côte d’Ivoire snack made with fried Plantain. It is often served with chili and onions.
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup of palm oil
- 1 chopped chili and no seeds
- 1 chopped onion
- salt to taste
- Slice the bananas lengthwise. Then cut them into small pieces.
- Pour most of the oil into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Fry the bananas until they are golden or reddish-brown. Remove them from the oil and leave on paper to soak up the oil.
- In a small amount of remaining oil, fry the peppers and onions for a few minutes.
- Add bananas to the mixture. Add some water, cover, and simmer for a few minutes.
- Salt to taste.
Watch this video tutorial for further assistance on how to prepare the Ivorian Fried plantain, Alloco.