Simple and healthy vegan dish, easy to prepare and inexpensive to taste, Atakilt Wat, made from cabbage, carrots, and potatoes, has its aromatic profile. Serve with other Ethiopian dishes, rice, and bread with innards.
Follow this recipe to make Atakilt Wat, a healthy, simple, easy to prepare, and inexpensive, vegan dish that tastes good.
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 1 onion
- 5 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cups water
- Cut the cabbage heart and cut it into pieces; how do you prefer, the book.
- Cut onions, set aside.
- Slice the carrots, set aside.
- Peel and chop the potatoes and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the oil (medium to large).
- Add onions and carrots. Sauté five minutes.
- Add the spices (cumin, turmeric, curry) and stir for 1 minute.
- Add water that will settle at the bottom of the pan to keep things from burning.
- Add potatoes, cabbage, and stir.
- Add more spices if desired or season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, cover with an airtight lid and cook for 25 minutes or until the potatoes and cabbage are softened, depending on the size of the chopped potatoes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if desired.