This Banga soup recipe can be used by anyone to make a delicious Nigerian soup. This soup is one of the most popular in Nigeria.
- Meat 1kg
- Half cup of ground Crayfish
- One cup of Fresh prawn [oporo]
- 10 cups of fresh palm fruit [banga]
- 1 medium sized dried fish / smoked fish
- 6 Red scotch bonnet pepper “Ata rodo”
- 1 teaspoon Ataiko
- 1 teaspoon Irugege
- 1 stick of oburunbebe stick [banga stick]
- beletientien leaves half a cup
- 3 seasoning cubes
- 1 cup of shelled periwinkles
- Salt to taste.
- Start by cooking the Banga seeds, pound and extract the palm sauce.
- You will need about 7-10 cups of this palm fruit sauce for the banga soup recipe.
- Using a sieve, strain the Banga extract into the cooked meat in the pot.
- Let it cook with the meat for the next 15 minutes. Do not completely cover the pot.
- Add washed and cleaned dried catfish, ground (crayfish, ataiko and irugege), put in oburunbebe bar, ground pepper and salt to taste. You can add a cup of water if it is too thick, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add beletientien leaves, periwinkles, precooked prawn and one seasoning cubes. Stir, cover and cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- You just made one of the most popular soups in the delta state, nigeria
- Serve with starch, eba or fufu.
check out the video below