Banfora is what Burkina Faso calls this easy to make the recipe. Banfora Welsh cakes are from reminiscent of a very light puffed pancake, with a bit sweetness in every bite.
- 2.1 / 2 cups yeast flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 beaten egg
- A few tablespoons of milk
- A pinch of salt
- Mix cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle over the top
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl
- Cut the butter into the mixture, then rub it with your fingers until it looks like fine bread crumbs.
- Add sugar and pineapple then stir in the beaten egg.
- Stir until a firm dough is obtained and add a little milk if it is too firm.
- Tilt it onto a floured surface and knead lightly before rolling it into a round disc about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 4 to 5-inch slices, then fry them in a lightly oiled pan over medium heat until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack and sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.