This recipe is modified from the food I ate in Cameroon. It is traditionally served with whole grilled chicken and grilled potatoes and plantains. You eat everything with your fingers! (it tastes much better that way).
- 1 (10 ounces) package baby spinach, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and cut into quarters
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- garlic powder to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onions and sauté almost halfway done.
- Pour in the spinach and sprinkle with garlic powder. Fry until the spinach wilt, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 95.1 calories; 4.2 g protein; 9.6 g carbohydrates; 0 mg cholesterol; 86.3 mg sodium
Tags:african fried spinachcameroon recipescameroonian fried spinacheasy african recipeseasy international recipesFried Spinachfried spinach and eggsfried spinach ballsfried spinach caloriesfried spinach in air fryerfried spinach with baconhow to make african fooditalian spinach recipepan fried spinachspicy fried spinach recipespinach and mushroomthai fried spinach