Fufu corn (Nni Oka) is a fufu food that Nigerian food providers run to when they want to feed a large crowd. This fufu meal contains less corn than you would expect from a meal called Corn Fufu.
Ingredients for Corn Fufu
You only need three ingredients:
- 1 part cornmeal (coarse corn flour)
- 4 parts cassava flour
Instructions for making Corn Fufu
- Measure the cornflour and cassava flour in a dry bowl and mix well to get the perfect corn fufu mixture.
- Usually, corn fufu can end up with a cup and a half of water. So pour it into a clean pan and bring to boil.
- When it boils, reduce the heat to low and continuously add the cornmeal mixture to a bowl of water while stirring with a spatula. Watch the video below to see this in action.
- Until the mixture thickens and you feel it on your spatula, stop adding the corn fufu mixture, but keep stirring until you get a dough ball.
- Add a few drops of water to the corn fufu, cover the pot, and let it steam, the time you will need will depend on the amount of corn fufu you prepare. For caterers making a large bowl of corn fufu, it will take some time, but it will take a maximum of 2 minutes for one serving.
- When it cooks very well, stir again until everything is well combined.
Watch this video tutorial below