Kpomo is very common in Nigeria, and everyone loves to have it in their food. The kpomo has that soft, thick but loose feel when it fuses with the upper and lower teeth, which is so delicious that you will always want more.
It is not expensive to prepare and it is a delicious meal that you would like to eat every day.
Here are some steps to prepare your Kpomo yeast.
- 5 Medium Pieces of Kpomo (Cowhide)
- 2 tablespoons of palm oil
- 3 pieces of Scotch bonnet pepper (Ata Rodo)
- 1 teaspoon dried peppers (chili powder)
- 1 bulb onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped aromatic leaves
- Seasoning cubes
- Wash with a clean sponge to remove dirt and sand.
- Place the kpomo in a medium saucepan, season with cubes of spices, onions, dried peppers (chili), and salt and cook until the kpomo is smooth.
- Mix pepper and onion. Be careful not to mix it too softly.
- Chop the onions and aromatic leaves. Set aside for garnish.
- In a medium saucepan, heat palm oil. Add the chopped onions and the onion and pepper mixture. Fry for about 5 minutes, until the peppers are well cooked and have no raw taste.
- Slice the cooked kpomo and sauce. You can add more spices if desired.
- Sprinkle the aromatic leaves hot and stir.
Watch this video for more details.