Learn how to make a pot of Efo Elegusi with this recipe
Are you thinking of a great way to spice up your menu? Don’t worry; this efo elegusi is all you need to get your loved ones licking their fingers and looking for more.
Guess what; this soup is straightforward to make and is also expensive, considering you don’t have too much money to make this delicacy.
Below you will find a simple recipe for how to prepare efo elegusi
- 1 kg of beef
- 1 head of medium stockfish
- 1 medium smoked fish
- 1 medium bunch of Shoko leaves
- 4 fresh peppers (ground)
- 4 large fresh tomatoes(ground)
- 4 big large size tatashe (ground)
- 1 large onion (ground)
- 1½ cup Egusi (ground)
- 2 Maggi cubes
- 1 little Iru wrap
- 1½ liters of water
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare
- Wash the meat and fish and season with onions, Maggi cubes, salt, and pepper and cook until the water is dry. Add a liter of water and continue cooking.
- Pick up, wash, cut shoko leaves and blanch gently, then set aside. Wash and turn the fish over.
- Heat palm oil, then add freshly ground tomatoes, onion, pepper, and tatashe. Fry for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add stockfish, smoked fish, and water or meat stock. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add ground, Egusi. Cook without stirring for about 10 minutes.
- Add water. Continue cooking for 8-10 minutes. Add the Iru, the Maggi cubes, stir and simmer for about 2 minutes and add salt to taste.
- Then add the leaves of the shock and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with a crushed or crushed pit.
You can also watch this video to help you.