Delicious seasoned recipe for fava beans, onions, and tomato sauce! In Egypt, bread pita is traditionally served with fava bean.
- 1 can fava bean (15 oz)
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ Cups of fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ground red pepper, to taste
- Pour the beans into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Stir well and add the onion, tomato, olive oil, cumin, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium.
- Allow the mixture to cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with grilled pita bread.