GARDEN EGG STEW WITH THIS YUMMY RECIPE
We don’t think there’s a better way to make freshly cooked yam than garden egg sauce (garden egg is more nutritious than fried eggs).
Garden egg sauce goes well with yams, boiled or fried plantation, boiled rice and boiled potatoes.
1. 6-8 large garden eggs (any variety / shape)
2. 2 tablespoons Groundnut oil or palm oil
3. 1/2 medium onion (thinly sliced)
4. 2 large tatashe (Bell pepper), 2 hot peppers (rodo) and 1 medium onion – (Roughly blend)
5. Flaked fish (I used cooked, boneless mackerel)
6. 1 tablespoon mixed crabs
7. Maggie and salt – to taste
1. Boil the garden eggs for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Peel the garden eggs skin by gently pulling on the thin white coating (cut and remove the seeds in the middle if desired).
4. Cut peeled garden eggs or lightly crush them.
5. Put a pot on medium heat, add oil. Wait 2 minutes, then add the onions. Fry the onions until translucent
6. Add all other ingredients except fish. Reduce heat to medium and simmer sauce for 10 minutes.
7. Add crushed garden eggs and fish to the sauce, stir. Taste and adjust seasoning. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
8. Serve hot with boiled yam, potatoes, plantain.