This recipe has been described as the tastiest, fastest, and easiest Libyan dish that exists and WOW, it’s straightforward and fantastic.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 / 2-1 lb. of Pasta I used shells
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil or other non-flavored oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3-5 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 ounces of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 / 2-1 teaspoon salt
- 3 jalapeños
- Boil 8 cups of water in a kettle.
- Saute the onion in canola oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Lower the temperature.
- Add garlic, tomato paste, all spices, including salt and pepper, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high, add 8 cups of hot water, heat, simmer and cook for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Come to cook again and add 2 whole and 1 sliced jalapeño pepper and Pasta. Add more boiling water if necessary.
- The Pasta will take longer to cook than if cooking in water. As soon as it cooks, enjoy it!