This delicious Moroccan-style recipe smells useful while cooking and tastes22 so delicious.
- 1 ½ cups of dried Black-eyed Peas (cowpeas)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- ½ cups of olive oil
- ¼ cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 3 ½ or more cups of water if needed
- Add everything.
- Step 1
Place the black-eyed peas in a large bowl and cover with a few inches of cold water; Leave to stand for 8 hours overnight. Drain and rinse the peas.
- Step 2
In a stockpot, combine peas, onions, tomato sauce, olive oil, cilantro, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, ginger, and cayenne pepper; pour 3 1/2 cups of water over the pea mixture.
Bring the water to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer, stirring occasionally and adding more water if the sauce thickens too much until the peas soften about 1 1/2 hours.