It is one of the most prized recipes, and it is beautiful in cold weather. This recipe comes from somewhere in North Africa.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 cups of water
- ⅓ A cup of olive oil
- 3 cups dried green split peas
- 3 sprigs of fresh parsley
- 1 dried red chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- Fry the garlic in vegetable oil in a large pot over low heat until lightly browned.
- Add water and olive oil; add split peas, parsley, chili pepper, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 55 minutes, occasionally stirring so that the peas do not stick to the pot’s bottom.
- When the peas are soft, mash them with a wooden spoon until smooth; add more water to get the desired consistency.