This is a regular traditional oatmeal made from African swallow, and It is a wet method. You can also turn it into oatmeal for the same purpose.
- 2 cups of traditional oats
- 3 cups of hot water
- Measure the oatmeal in your blender bowl.
- Pour 3 cups of hot water into the blender. Allow it to soak for about 45 seconds to allow the clamp to develop. Then mix until smooth.
- Pour into a 2-quart skillet and place it on a burning stove. Stir constantly until combined. (Please do not leave it unattended; it will burn.)
- Allow to cool for about a minute, then serve with the soup of your choice. You can wrap it in Sean’s paper and put it in warmer if it’s not ready to serve. Take advantage !!!
- I like that my oats that have a sip have a texture (like garri), so I don’t mix it too softly.
- If you want a very smooth texture, mix until the mixture is very stable or dry until finely ground.
- If you want lighter / softer, add 1/2 cup more water while mixing.
- Allow cooling after cooking. It may seem too soft, but the cold will thicken it.