Ofada sauce, also known as “Ayamase,” is a delicious sauce based on a local recipe that makes your mouth water.
It is usually served with Ofada rice, hence the name ofada sauce, but most people eat it with long grain rice, yam, asparagus, etc.
If you want your ofada sauce to taste better, then you should try this recipe.
- Pepper (Ata Rodo)
- 2 green tatashe or green peppers
- locust bean
- palm oil
- Crayfish (optional)
- Assorted meat (beef, shaki, beef tripe)
- Fish (dried fish or stockfish)
- Salt and Maggi
WAY OF PREPARATION
- Wash and blend the pepper and onion, or to get the perfect sauce, you can slice the pepper and onion.
- Grind the tomatoes with a dry mill.
- Cook meat and fish with seasoning until cooked through.
- Cut the meat and fish into small pieces, cook the meat in the sauce, and make it easier to eat.
- Pour the mixed peppers into a separate pan and cook over high heat until all the water is dry.
- Pour red palm oil into a jar of clean and dry bleach for a few minutes until it is clean.
- Allow the oil to cool slightly, then add the cooked peppers and fry the mixture.
- Add the crabs, locust bean beans, as well as meat and fish, and mix well.
- Add salt to taste, bring to a boil, and it is ready to serve.
- Remark; You can add boiled eggs to your sauce to increase the sauce’s chances.
Yippie !! The delicious ofada sauce is prepared, and you can serve it with rice, yams, or pasta.