Couscous is a Middle Eastern dish made from small steamed balls of crushed wheat flour.
On the other hand, Jollof is a staple among Nigerians, and we always like to try out different food recipes so that we don’t fall into a routine.
The couscous in this recipe replaces the rice for the Jollof, but it does not affect the taste and delicious taste of the food.
Try this detailed recipe for Jollof Couscous from around the World with Telanda Shrimp.
- 2 cups of couscous
- 100 g of prawns
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper powder
- small onion, sliced into noodles
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the thyme, onion, garlic, stir, and let sweat for a minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stir and let simmer, then add the cayenne pepper powder, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the shrimp, stir and simmer 1 minute, then add 100 ml of water, cover, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp, peel and add the couscous, stir, cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 3 minutes, add the shrimp, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- The powdered couscous Jollof is ready.
- Serve with a Brussels sprout sauce.
This video guide will explain things to you even better.