This slow-cooked beef (Seswaa) from Botswana is so delicious! Pop it in a crockpot for 4.5 hours, and you will get a delicious stew. You can also customize it with your choice of vegetables!
- 2 pounds shoulder roast beef or any other slow-cooked beef, (I asked my butcher)
- 1 onion, cut into rings
- 2 cups water or enough to cover the beef
- 1 package Lipton recipe secret onion recipe soup and dip mix
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 bay leaves
- Chop the meat into 2-inch cubes
- Put the beef in a slow cooker.
- Add the black pepper and Lipton recipe secret package into the slow cooker
- Add sliced onion
- Pour water into the slow cooker. There should be enough water to cover most of the ingredients, but they should not be completely submerged.
- Add the bay leaf
Cover and cook on high heat for 4 to 5 hours. Check after 4 hours.
- Once the meat is soft enough to fall apart easily, use two forks to separate the meat.