A SIMPLE DISH OF EBIRIPO (COCOYAM PUDDING)
Ebiripo is another unique Nigeria dish cooked with cocoyam. An important Tribal food cooked in leaves. This food can be prepared in different ways and seasoned with various ingredients of your choice to make a balanced meal.
Here’s how to prepare:
> Fresh ground pepper or dried chilli pepper (depending on choice)
> Ground crayfish
> Moi Moi leaves for wrapping
1. Cocoa is peeled and grated or blended into a paste, then mix well.
2. Add a little water depending on the amount or size of paste so that it becomes fluffy.
3. Salt to taste.
4. Add pepper and ground crayfish.
5. Stir well.
6. Wash the leaves well.
7. Pour a small amount with a spoon into the folded leaf.
8. Put the Ebiripo in a large pot and steam for about an hour.
9. Allow to cool and serve with Egusi soup or vegetable soup of your choice.