A rice pancake, as its name implies, is a pancake made with rice. It is popularly known as Sinasir in northern Nigeria. It is prepared with a sweet rice variety, which is the type used for Tuwo Shinkafa.
It is delicious, and more and more people are starting to fall in love with this snack. Are you interested? Then follow the recipe for how to do it.
Ingredients for Rice Pancakes
- ½ cup (90 g) of sweet rice
- ½ cup (60 g) of cooked rice
- ½ teaspoon of yeast
- 1 small onion
- 1 egg
- ½ cans of milk
- Sugar (to taste)
- 2 pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil: for roasting
- Soak tender rice in warm water overnight or at least 8 hours.
- Boil some rice that will equal a cup of cooked rice. I usually use leftover white rice for this.
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Add all ingredients to the blender: soaked rice, cooked rice, chopped onion, salt, sugar, yeast, egg, and cream of milk.
- Add enough water to keep your mixer blades moving.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Cover the bowl, and leave it in a warm place for about 30 minutes.
- Put a pan on the stove, preferably a nonstick pan.
- Pour a little quantity of vegetable oil into the mold.
- Once hot, pour some dough into the pan, making sure it is as fine as possible.
- Fry over medium heat until the top and bottom cakes are golden.
- Turn to fry on the other side until light brown.
Below we have a video of the whole Nigerian recipe.