Making a simple Tanzanian meal was excellent. And these stew made with brinjal and potatoes tastes like the sauce from South India. It also goes well with rice.
- Butter – 1/4 cup
- Onions – 2
- Tomato -1
- Tomato puree -1 cup
- Eggplant / Brinjal – 4-5
- Ground cinnamon – 1/4 tsp
- Ground cloves – 1/4 tsp
- Curry powder-1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, potatoes, and eggplant.
- Stir well and cook for one to two minutes.
- Add powdered spice and salt.
- Add enough water to make the sauce.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Serve hot with rice or charcoal.