It is one of the many Ethiopian dishes. It is a typical dish that is served with other dishes on injera. It is very simple and tastes good. There are many variations of this recipe; It can be prepared only with cabbage, with carrots and potatoes, with meat, etc.
- 3 tablespoons oil, soybean, salad or cooking
- ½ raw onions
- 1 cup raw carrots
- 1 teaspoon raw garlic
- ¼ teaspoon spices, turmeric, ground
- 1 pinch of table salt
- ⅔ raw head cabbage
- 2 tablespoons water, Municipal
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add carrots, garlic, turmeric, salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until flavors are combined, about 7 minutes. Add the cabbage and mix well.
- Cover the pot, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the cabbage is soft but not completely soft, about 20 minutes. Add water if the vegetables look dry.