Teni is an award-winning Nigerian singer, independent singer, songwriter, and artist. Teni quickly became famous and glorious in the Nigerian music industry because people could identify with her words.
Teni’s birth name is Teniola Apata, and she is from Ekiti State. She was born in Lagos to a Mr. and Mrs. Apata, as the ninth of 10 children. Her father was a retired brigadier general before being killed in 1995 when Teni was only two years old.
Teni attended Apata Memorial High School, a school owned by her late father in Lagos. After high school, Teni went to the United States (USA) to complete a degree in business administration from the American Intercontinental University. She is the younger sister of the famous singer Niniola.
Teni entered the entertainment industry using her Instagram skits and became the center of attention when she released her single “Fargin,” which became a massive hit. The song had spread and enjoyed by most Nigerian music lovers. Since entering the industry, Teniola has written and enjoyed quite a success. She is said to have written Davido’s hit song “Like That.” She has been doing well in the Nigerian music industry. She has released good music, such as Fargin, Askamay, Case, Wait, Pareke, Uyo Meyo, Shake am, Power Ranger, and many others.
Teni is also known to have a passion for drumming; she has played drums for the former governors of the state of Lagos. Her first single “Amen” was influenced by the music of artists such as King Wasiu Ayinde, King Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obey, Osita Osadebe, and Dolly Parton.
Teni was previously a member of Magic Finger, a record label owned by lead producer Shizzi. In 2017, Teni signed for her current label, Dr. Dolor Entertainment. She also likes to travel and swim, asides music, she plays basketball very well.
Teni Net Worth
Teni is estimated to be worth around $500,000.
Teni’s Awards And Nominations
- Rookie of the year at the Headies – 2018
- Most Promising Act to Watch at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2018
- Best New Artist at the Soundcity MVP Awards Festival – 2018
- NotJustOk ranked her eighth on their list of the 10 Hottest Artists in Nigeria – 2018
- Premium Times newspaper named her as one of the six Nigerian breakout stars, viral sensations – 2018
- Teni featured on YouTube Music’s Trending Artist on the Rise – 2019
- Nominee for the Best New International Act at the BET Awards – 2019
- Artiste of the Year award at the Top Naija Music Award – 2019
View this post on Instagram
— OBA ORIN (@TeniEntertainer) April 19, 2020