Have you tried the rice and Plantain sauce?
I mean sauce with plantain as the main ingredient. With rice? You’re probably wondering what it tastes like and considering giving it a try.
Here’s the recipe,
- 1 ripe Plantain: the plantain must be ripe and soft
- 4 tablespoon of blended pepper mixture: Scotch bonnet with tomatoes. With a ratio of 2 medium-sized
- tomatoes to 1 medium-sized scotch bonnet.
- 1½ Knorr stock cube
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoons of salt
- ½ teaspoons of curry
- 2 spoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- ½ kg of fish Preferably herrings or mackerel
- vegetable, chopped (optional)
- Place the pot on cooker over medium-high heat and allow it to dry. Pour in the oil, let stand for about 1 minute to get hot.
- Pour the pepper mixture, fry for 3 minutes. While you wait, cut the plantain into cubes and set aside.
- Also, wash and slice the fish and set aside.
- Add the salt, stock cube, ginger powder, curry, fish, vegetable (optional) and half of the water. Stir together and cover the pot and cook until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the fish. Add the plantain and the remaining water. Leave for another 4 minutes and voila, you have your sauce.